Skateboarding is an exhilarating sport which guaranteeing so much fun for the people interested in trying an adventurous hobby. If you are confused about choosing the best skateboards to beginners, then you are at right place.
In this article, we have reviewed 10 best skateboard for beginners with some important factors which need to consider before buying a best beginner’s skateboard. We have also reviewed that which skateboard is suitable for you with its key features.
- 1 10 Best Skateboards for Beginners Reviews:
- 2 1. Over All Best SkateBoard For Beginners – Powell Golden Dragon Flying Dragon 2 (Editor’s Choice)
- 3 2. Best Cruiser Skateboard For Youths Beginners – Meketec 22 Inch Skateboards
- 4 3. Best Mini Skateboard Kids Teens Beginners – BELEEV Skateboard Complete Mini Cruiser Retro Skateboard
- 5 4. Best Skateboard For Kids – Magneto Mini Cruiser Skateboard
- 6 5. Best Board For Starters – Punisher Skateboards 9001 Cherry Blossom
- 7 6. Best Skateboard for Beginner with Sturdy Deck – Playshion Complete 22 Inch Mini Cruiser Skateboard
- 8 7. Best Pro Skateboards for All Beginners – AOD1 31 Inch Pro Skateboards
- 9 8. Enjoi Whitey Panda Wide R7 Skateboard Deck
- 10 9. Perfect Skateboard For Entry Level – Krown Bling Rookie Complete Skateboard 7.5
- 11 10. YF YOUFU Complete 31 Inch Pro Skateboards for Beginners
- 12 Buying Guide for Choosing the Best Skateboards for Beginners
- 13 Conclusion
10 Best Skateboards for Beginners Reviews:
It is the most trusted skateboard sold by Powell Golden Company, a quality brand that is famous for its quality and performance. Powell Golden Dragon is one of the best skateboard for beginners. It is made from 7-ply maple wood deck, that is a smart choice for beginners. The maple wood comes with heat resistant feature that makes people looking for an advanced product to choose this skating board.
This multifunctional skate scooter is large enough to meet the skating needs of adults of age 10 and more. It is also the perfect choice for beginners looking for a long-lasting board to practice skating daily.
- Features a deck with a length of 31.625 inches and a width of 7.5 inches.
- Powered by high-quality urethane wheels that offer great assistance.
- Made from high-standard 7-ply maple wood offering durability.
- Stars a sturdy polymeric strap that keeps the skateboard unimpaired.
- Comes with wheels that aid in a smooth ride.
- Highlights a concave deck design that drives the riders to try new tricks.
This attractive looking cruiser skateboard is a robust unit that delivers high performance, which makes it the best board for beginners in the industry. It is the best partner for kids and adults to roundabout happily during their leisure time.
This is the ideal skateboard for beginner kids with the age starting from 5 years. Since it is a non-sturdy product, it is best suited for kids so that the board can balance the weight and easily portable.
- A flexible deck that makes it compatible on all surfaces.
- The board comes with a length of 22 inches and a width of 6 inches.
- Features a deck of polypropylene to guarantee a smooth ride.
- Features heavy-truck aluminium trucks to withstand maximum loads.
3. Best Mini Skateboard Kids Teens Beginners – BELEEV Skateboard Complete Mini Cruiser Retro Skateboard
This mini skating board comes with an attractive design and readily configured board, to cater to the needs of regular skaters by helping them to ride merrily with sufficient leg space. The kick tail and the classic cruiser shape are a great plus for this product that outsmarts other products in the market and makes it the best skating board for kids.
This beginner skateboard is best suited for kids, teens, and adults who aspire for a fun-filled and convenient ride to long distances. Adults who are light-weighted can also use this skateboard to enjoy a smooth ride,
- Made of robust polypropylene material that can withstand the maximum load.
- Features polyurethane wheels that aid in shock absorption.
- Features 22 by 6-inch deck to deliver great performance.
- Comes with a T-Tool to provide added safety to the riders.
- Features ravishing speed ABEC-7 bearings for a smooth ride.
Check Out: Best hoverboard for kids
Magneto Skateboard is a compactly sized cruiser skateboard. it is weighing just 6 pounds for regular skaters which made of maple wood. The Canadian maple deck made with quality components adds more strength to the board by improving its durability. The wooden unit features a grit finish to provide enhanced support to the skaters.
Magneto is the most recommended board for adults and suitable kids of age over ten years and so designed to deliver a pleasant sliding experience.
- Stars dimensions of the length of 27.5 inches and width of 7.5 inches.
- Holds well with double kick tails emphasizing great performance.
- Features high rebound polyurethane wheels that can withstand heavy loads.
- Comes with LED wheels to excite the skaters.
- Made from high-quality Canadian maple deck.
Punisher skateboard is a fully configured board with an attractively designed board with cherry blossom graphic prints on it and works great for beginners. The board is made from high-quality Canadian maple wood that makes it sturdy enough for the skaters.
Punisher skateboard is a perfect choice for beginner skater adults and works great for kids above 8 years. This well-built skateboard is best suited for skaters who want to learn new tricks while skating.
- Built from a robust 7-layer high-quality maple wood.
- Features a concave double-deck kick skateboard to provide best navigating experience for riders.
- Operates with ABEC-7 bearings, which can adjust the speed accordingly.
- Comes with black heavy-duty grip tape to provide traction control for your feet.
- The dimensions of this board are 31.5 inches in length and 7.75 inches in width.
6. Best Skateboard for Beginner with Sturdy Deck – Playshion Complete 22 Inch Mini Cruiser Skateboard
This pre-assembled 22-inch mini skating board brought to you by Playshion, trusted brand for beginners who are keen to learn and explore the skating sports. The board looks alluring with the colourful decks made of fibreglass to add power to the wheels to make it a preferred choice for kids.
Good beginner skateboard that is suitable for adults as well as kids above 3 years of age. A user-friendly board for beginners as well as adults over and above 8 years for enjoying a smooth ride.
- Features a robust deck that can sustain weight up to 220 lbs.
- Holds good with aluminium trucks for smooth cruising.
- Features soft PU wheels of 59*45 mm and ABEC bearings for a pleasant ride.
- Boasts anti-wheel bite design for easy turning of the skateboard.
- Made of long-lasting polyurethane wheels.
The AOD1 Anfan 31 Pro Skateboard is the most sought-after skater in the market, which, is renowned for its design, and stability, which, makes it the best choice for beginners. Made from high-quality Canadian maple wood, the board is flexible enough to bear a maximum load of 220 pounds.
An ideal skater that is designed for riding on any hard surfaces such as tarmac, bitumen, concrete, short glass, and poor terrain areas. This board works great for beginner and expert kids and adults of both genders to roundabout in the streets at optimum speeds and to try out new stunts. Gift it for your loved ones to let them experience the adventure of this skating sport.
- Features Seagull aluminium trucks.
- Comes with 55mm 85A PU Wheels to assist in smooth skating.
- Features 7-ply maple deck measuring 31*7.9*3.7 inches.
- Supports a maximum weight of 220 pounds.
- Features ABEC-7 bearings that offer shock resistance and comfort.
This newly introduced skating commuter has been a hit design in the market for almost two decades and, features Panda as their symbol. The panda image is stamped on all the skateboard models and, lets the skaters enjoy the skating carnival on this Enjoi Skateboards Whitey Panda Skateboard.
Best suited board for beginner kids and adults by making them feel confident while trying new tricks in whichever area they are skating.
- Features a sturdy deck that holds a dimension of a length of 31.5 and a width 7.75 inches.
- Highlights a black and whiteboard with red/white wheels.
- Made of Canadian maple with resin that holds everything tightly making it a sturdy board.
- The heavy-duty aluminium wheels ensure smooth movements.
Krown Bling Skateboards are designed with the motive of delivering unmatched quality in terms of speed and safety for the beginners who intend to buy this dynamic skateboard. These boards are assembled perfectly saving the time and efforts of the skaters.
Suitable for adventure lovers including beginners and experts of both genders looking for a handy skateboard to commute easily roam in the streets.
- Features board dimensions of 7.5 inches in length and 31 inches in width.
- Comes with a provision to customize the skateboards according to the rider’s expectations.
- High-qualified 54*36 mm 97 PU wheels operating at exceptional speeds.
- Features six different colours that allow the skaters to choose their desired one.
Check this: Best electric scooter for commuting
A remarkably striking skateboard that serves the purpose of skating for beginners perfectly. The YOUFU Skateboard looks stylish in terms of design and a health-oriented skateboard that maintains the body’s metabolism well. Since the board is constructed from high-quality maple wood, it makes it stable enough to withstand maximum load effortlessly.
It is the most acclaimed skateboard for adults and, not advised for children below eight years. This skater is ideal for skaters willing to try new tricks such as 369’s, OL action and few other. Choose this high-end performing skating board for cycling over both smooth and hard surfaces such as terrains and woods.
- Features shock-resistant 95 PU wheels with more resistance.
- Comes with a non-slip deck to ensure safety for the skaters.
- The dimensions of this pro-Skateboard are 31*8 inch.
- Features LED built polyurethane wheels for sturdiness.
- Boasts ABEC-9 bearings for hassle-free skating in all areas.
Buying Guide for Choosing the Best Skateboards for Beginners
Listed below is the detailed buying guide for best skateboards for beginners. In this guide, you will get to know about the essential aspects to consider before owning a skateboard. Have an insight into the complete buying guide to help you choose the best skateboards for beginners to have a safe and smooth sliding experience.
1. Deck Size
The deck size is one of the important factor before selecting a best starter skateboard. It depends on the skating style and can be chosen based on the size and height of the person. For beginners, it is best to buy a random deck size skateboard at first and have a trial-on-error to find out the drawbacks so that they can choose the board with enhanced features for the next time.
For street-skaters, the best deck size will be 7.5 to 8 inches, whereas, for skaters riding near pool and parks, the ideal deck size to be chosen is 8 inches.
2. Choosing the Type of Wheel
Before choosing the best skateboards for beginners, selecting wheels is an important factor. It is essential to know where you will ride your skate rider. The smaller wheels work well on the streets due to their lightweight. On the other hand, wider wheels are suitable for transition skating as they cover an extended area.
3. Other Wheel Aspects
The best size for wheels for the smooth functioning of skating board ranges from anything between 49 to 59 mm. Go for wheels that are lasting and sturdy. PU wheels are the best choice as they are constructed from high-quality materials that are budget-friendly too. Please consider wheels with the diameter falling in the range between 50 and 75 mm.
Buying a best board with an enduring battery life ensures the best performance for skating beginners. A battery is the heart of a skateboard as it tunes up the device and provides good battery backup.
5. Go for a Skateboard from Local Store
Purchase a skateboard from a local skate store rather than getting one from malls or online, which can be misleading in terms of price and reliability. This is because local shops can give you a detailed picture of different boards made from versatile materials such as bamboo, fibreglass, and plastic.
6. Height and Weight
The ideal weight of a person plays a vital role in the responsiveness of the commuter. Height is directly related to the stability of the board. Short people can skate comfortably on small boards while tall people can feel cosier on larger boards if they are beginners.
7. Choose Boards based on Your Skating style
Understanding the skating style is a pivotal factor before buying the skating board for starter. As it mainly depends on the surface, the skater is going to drive. If you are a street skater, then you can choose accordingly by inspecting the trucks, wheels, and decks of the skating board.
Skateboards are of great use to all people, be it a student looking to commute to the next street or an expert prepared to try some new tricks. These best skateboards assure so much fun by keeping you away from the bustling traffic in the city. If you are a beginner and passionate about riding skating boards, then choose the best skateboards for beginners from above to relish the game with absolute enthusiasm.
You may interested in: