Are you looking for some comprehensive information on the best electric scooters for adults?
Don’t worry; you’re at the right destination. An electric scooter is a fantastic gadget that is breaking all records of popularity.
Do you find people riding an electric scooter looks cool?
If yes, then you’re not alone as there are many fans of electric scooters. It’s a great option for healthy exercise and an alternative to buses and cabs.
Those days are gone when people consider electric scooters as a playing option for kids. In fact, the best electric scooter for grownups has become a trendy topic nowadays. What’s the reason behind its popularity? Let’s find out.
An electric scooter is the cleanest mode of transport with zero-emission. They’re cost-effective, convenient, easy, and fun to ride. This is why millions of riders are switching from heavy fuel-based vehicles to lightweight, eco-friendly electric scooters.
In recent years, the manufacturers are flooding the market with some highly qualified electric scooters for commuting. And, we’re here to narrow your research by introducing the top-7 best electric scooters for adults. So stay tuned to find one for yourself.
- 1 Top-7 Best Electric Scooters for Adult Reviews:
- 2 1. Best Adult Electric Scooter – Razor E300 Electric Scooter:
- 3 2. Premium Electric Scooter For Adults- Segway Ninebot ES4 Electric Kick Scooter:
- 4 3. Best Foldable Electric Scooter – Hiboy MAX Electric Scooter:
- 5 4. Best Electric Commuter – Gotrax GXL V2 Commuting Electric Scooter:
- 6 5. Best Lightweight Electric Scooter – Glion Dolly Foldable Adult Electric Scooter:
- 7 6. Best Kick Scooter – Segway Ninebot MAX Electric Scooter:
- 8 7. Adult E-Scooter for Commuter – Gotrax XR Ultra Electric Scooter:
- 9 Buying Guide: Best Electric Scooters for Adults:
- 10 Conclusion:
Top-7 Best Electric Scooters for Adult Reviews:
Everyone here is aware of the brand name “Razor.” The company has been producing high-quality electric scooters for many years. Razor E300 is the largest model in the list, equipped with a 250-watt motor that provides 15 mph of maximum speed. It also uses a 24-Volt lead-acid rechargeable battery, which provides 40 minutes of travel range after about 10 hours of charging time. The adult electric scooter is easy to assemble, where you don’t have to struggle for installation. It also comes with a 90-days warranty for your peace of mind. Overall, it’s a decent option for buyers.
- Weight Capacity – Razor E300 features a large and sturdy frame that can handle a maximum load of up to 220 pounds. It is for everyone – kids, teens, and young adults.
- Extra-wide Pneumatic Tires – For better control and comfort, this electric scooter comes with extra-wide 10-inch pneumatic tires. These wheels ensure smooth riding in most surfaces.
- Speed Controller – This device has a twist grip hand throttle located on the right handlebar. You’ve to twist the throttle forward or back for speeding up and slowing down the scooter.
- Inbuilt Kickstand – Most of the models don’t include any built-in kickstand. Thankfully, Razor E300 comes with a retractable kickstand so that you don’t have to lean it against a wall.
- Three Color Options – Razor E300 is available in three appealing color options: Matte Grey, Blue, and Pink. Whether you’re a male or female, you’ll find your favorite shade.
Segway is a well-known name in the electric scooter industry. How does Ninebot ES4 perform? Let’s find out. Segway Ninebot ES4 equips a relatively more powerful 300-watt motor, capable of delivering 18.6 mph of top speed. This e-scooter has two batteries: internal and external ones. Consequently, the batteries deliver a maximum travel range of up to 28 miles, after 7 hours of charge. Segway ES4 comes with a 12-month limited warranty, applying to the deck, wheel, motor, and more. Overall, it’s a great option for buyers.
- Weight Capacity – Segway Ninebot ES4 offers a maximum load limit of up to 220 pounds. It is for everyone within the age group of 14-60 years.
- Quality Construction – This electric scooter has a mesh pattern on the deck for improved grip. The design is foldable, so it’s an easy to carry unit. It is available in two color options: dark gray and silver.
- Dual Suspension System – This electric scooter features a dual suspension system for enhanced comfort and balance. It has in-built front and rear shock absorbers for smooth riding experience.
- Bluetooth Mobile App – Segway has a mobile app for its users. The riders can customize the color of rear and sidelights, turn on/off the headlights using the same. It also includes anti-theft function, cruise control option, alarm, and other features.
- LED Display – Segway Ninebot ES4 is no less in terms of superior technology. It comes with a built-in LED display, mentioning necessary information like speed, and remaining battery life.
This Hiboy MAX is a step ahead of those conventional electric scooters. It packs a bundle of worthy features that contributes to making your ride super convenient. The 350-watt motor is the heart of the scooter, which can deliver up to 18.6 mph of maximum speed. There’s a long-range 270WH battery, capable of providing a non-stop travel range up to 17 miles. The scooter can also climb up to an angle of 15-degree for riding at rocky surfaces. Finally, every buyer must consider this amazing e-scooter.
- Weight Capacity – Like other electric scooters, Hiboy MAX offers a maximum load limit of 220 lbs. The build quality of the frame is pretty sturdy, which will balance your weight properly.
- LED Dashboard – LED control panel is something that makes your tool look premium. Hiboy MAX features a sleek LED screen that displays essential details like speed and remaining battery.
- Cruise & Speed Control – When you press the accelerator for 6 seconds (at any speed), the cruise control gets activated. You’ll hear a beep sound, and the scooter will maintain its speed.
- Double Braking System – For the rider’s safety, Hiboy MAX comes with the dual braking system. There’s a hand brake on the right and a twist-grip brake on the left.
- Shock Absorber – On the front design, a reliable shock absorber is present to reduce the vibrations. It provides a comfortable and smooth riding experience.
Check out: Best hoverboard for kids
Gotrax GXL V2 is an improved upgrade of the GXL V1. This electric scooter uses a 250 W brushless DC motor, which can generate a maximum speed of 15.5 miles per hour. Additionally, it uses a 36V battery that delivers a handsome travel range between 9-12 miles. The battery chargers for about 4 hours, which is a good time. For smooth riding, two 8.5-inches pneumatic tires are usually missing on a budget scooter. Overall, it’s a good solid electric scooter for buyers.
- Weight Capacity – The build quality of Gotrax GXL V2 is pretty durable for daily use. It allows the maximum load capacity of up to 220 pounds, which is perfectly ideal for adult riders.
- Digital Display – Gotrax GXL V2 includes a handlebar LED Display/Panel. It allows you to view speed, remaining battery life, and turn on/off the headlight.
- Foldable Design – Who doesn’t want a portable gadget? Thankfully, the Gotrax GXL V2 frame folds down and locks that takes no space. It allows you to keep the e-scooter in the back of your car.
- Dual Braking System – Unlike other models, this e-scooter features a double-braking system. One is EABS anti-lock braking system, and the other is disc braking. The results were quite responsive and effective.
- LED Headlight – To make your ride safe and secure, this model comes with a super bright LED headlight to enlighten the dark areas. Additionally, the rear reflectors also improve visibility.
Glion Dolly is a quite popular electric scooter for heavy adults. It’s a mid-range scooter loaded with some incredible features. The main highlight of the e-scooter is 250-watt brushless hub motor, capable of delivering 15 mph of top speed. It uses a 36-volt battery, whose recharge time is pretty impressive i.e., 3.5 hours. It’ll allow you to enjoy 15-miles of the ride after every charge. The scooter has a sturdy construction, made from aircraft-grade aluminum featuring corrosion-free properties. Overall, it’s one of the best electric scooters for adults.
- Weight Capacity – As said earlier, this e-scooter is made from aircraft-grade aluminum, which is sturdy enough to hold a load of up to 255 lbs. It’s also usable for heavy adults.
- Folding Ability – Folding up the Glion Dolly e-scooter is a very quick process. It can stand up vertically, allowing you to pull it like a suitcase. Unlike other models, you don’t have to carry the whole weight.
- LED Lights – In terms of safety, there’s a bright LED headlight and an inbuilt tail reflector. Using the red button on the handlebar, users can turn on the headlight.
- 8-inch Tires – The main highlight of this e-scooter is never-flat, military-developed 8-inch tires with a honeycomb interior. These tires provide a smooth and comfortable ride.
- Electric Brakes – Glion Dolly features anti-lock electric brakes, located in the rear hub motor. For effective braking, it also uses a foot-activated brake.
Segway Ninebot MAX is a high-end electric scooter for adults. This next-generation e-scooter has significant improvements to other models. It uses a powerful 350-watt motor that generates a maximum speed of up to 18.6 mph. The 551Wh high-capacity lithium-ion batteries deliver a significant travel range of up to 40.4 miles. It supports 6-hours fast charging, which is a great addition. The IPX5 water resistance property is the best, allowing you to use the scooter in wet conditions. Overall, it’s a fantastic choice for buyers.
- Weight Capacity – Segway Ninebot MAX has a premium aluminum alloy frame, which provides a maximum weight limit of up to 220 pounds. It’s a good option for teens and adults.
- Smart Battery Management System – The lithium-ion battery used is safe. This unique system closely analyses the battery’s performance and avoids issues like short-circuit, overcharging, and overheating.
- Innovative Technologies – For added convenience, Segway Ninebot MAX features Bluetooth connectivity, LED control panel, riding modes, mobile app connectivity, and many more.
- Dual Braking System – With Segway Ninebot MAX, riders will find a mechanical drum brake (front), and regenerative electric brake (rear). This dual braking system ensures improved stability and control.
- 10-inch Pneumatic Tires – Unlike other e-scooters, Segway Ninebot MAX uses extra-large 10-inch pneumatic tires that can withstand multiple punctures. These are self-repairing tires that will not deflate.
Gotrax XR Ultra is an excellent choice for buyers looking to buy a new electric scooter. Thanks to the 300-watt powerful motor, which can easily deliver up to 15.5 mph of top speed. It also uses a 36V, 7.0AH LG lithium-ion battery that provides a maximum travel range of up to 17 miles/recharge. Gotrax is popularly known for its customer service. This scooter comes with a limited warranty of 90-days and a 30-day return window. Also, it’s a lightweight e-scooter weighing only 32 pounds. Overall, it’s a top-quality product by Gotrax.
- Weight Capacity – Gotrax XR Ultra comes with a maximum load capacity of 220 pounds. Any kid, teen, or adult under the set weight limit can enjoy the ride.
- Folding Frame – The frame construction is study but still compact enough to carry on a bus or train. The frame folds down and locks, making it a highly portable e-scooter.
- LED Display – The superior LED control panel displays speed, battery level, speed modes, and allows you to turn on the headlight. The headlight has 8.5 degrees irradiation angle and an irradiation distance of 26 ft.
- Double-braking System – Braking is always a crucial component of an e-scooter. Thankfully, Gotrax XR Ultra has an electric brake and a hand-operated disc brake for responsive braking.
- 8.5-inch Pneumatic Tires – Both the wheels are 8.5-inch air-filled tires, perfect for daily commuting. These wheels also absorb shocks when you ride over bumpy areas.
You may interested in:
Buying Guide: Best Electric Scooters for Adults:
This is another important section of our best electric scooter for adults review. In this segment, we’ll discuss some of the essential factors that one should keep in mind while buying a new electric scooter for commuter. It’ll help you to understand your e-scooter more deeply and passionately. Let’s get this job done.
All of us want an e-scooter that lasts long. Thereby, it’s necessary to make sure that the scooter is made from high-quality components. If you buy a bad quality scooter, it’ll not last very long and make you feel regret. Buyers will find electric scooters made from steel, aluminum, and plastic. Also, they’ll witness some terms like military-grade, aircraft-grade, and so on. We suggest our readers go for a scooter that uses minimum plastic construction.
You also need to be careful while selecting the deck’s material. Most of the decks are often made of wood but make sure it is spacious, comfortable, and sturdy. We also recommend decks with anti-slippery design to ensure a steady and smooth riding experience.
Battery and Travel Range:
Every buyer considers travel range at top priority while buying a new electric scooter. Obviously, this stat lets you know how long your scooter will travel. The travel range has a straight connection with the battery equipped. However, some other factors like speed, rider’s weight, and scooter’s weight also influence the travel range.
Most of the popular e-scooter models equip lithium-ion batteries. These are quite popular, lightweight, and require minimal maintenance. Usually, a majority of e-scooters deliver more than 10 miles of range after every charge.
The voltage rating of a battery shows the amount of current flow. Whereas, “Ah” (amp-hours) is the unit for battery capacity. The higher is better.
Motor and Speed:
The electric scooter comes with the motor located in the wheels. Some premium, high-end models feature dual motors located in both the wheels. Various factors determine the top speed of your electric scooter, but the motor plays an important role. The unit for measuring power is “wattage”; again, the higher is, the better. Usually, 250-350 watt of power rating is the most common in e-scooters.
Most popular e-scooters deliver 15+ miles per hour of top speed, while some models can even exceed 50+ mph. However, some countries have strict laws for maximum speed. So, it’s better to look for electric scooters with 15-20 mph of top speed.
Generally, buyers look busy considering the top speed and mileage at top priority. Hence, they don’t pay attention while considering the braking system of the scooter. Considering the rider’s safety, braking is the most important factor to look for.
Generally, a typical e-scooter uses a disk-brake system on the front or rear end. However, we recommend the dual braking system for effective braking. It gives you more control over your electric scooter. The front brake is hand-operated, while the rear brake operates by stepping on a little pad (located on the back).
Since you’re buying an electric scooter for adults, considering the weight capacity becomes essential. Never buy an e-scooter offering a load limit of fewer than 200 pounds, as these models are suitable for kids and teens. So which model will be ideal for adults? Well, any scooter with a maximum load capacity of 220 lbs will do the job.
Glion Dolly Foldable Lightweight Adult Electric Scooter is a special case that offers 255 lbs of the weight limit. However, there are e-scooters available with 300+ pounds of the weight limit, but they’re of no use unless you’re buying heavy adults electric scooter.
The electric scooter is such a fantastic gadget to have. It can travel long distances and is the most economical way of transportation. They don’t emit out harmful smoke, making our environment safe to live. It’s time to conclude the best electric scooters for adults 2021 review by suggesting our top-3 picks.
Firstly, if budget is not your concern, then Segway Ninebot MAX Electric Kick Scooter is our all-time favorite. The premium design, great travel range, comfortable deck, and large wheels make it a must-have e-scooter.
Next, if you’re looking for a budget e-scooter, then Razor E300 Electric Scooter is a great option. It offers all those necessary features required for a high-quality e-scooter.
Finally, Hiboy MAX Electric Scooter also impressed all our researchers and practitioners. Its high-quality construction with superior technology (like mobile app connectivity, and LED display) is worth every single buck.
That’s all for now. Hopefully, you have a great time reading the best adult electric scooters. Keep Riding! Keep Supporting!