Electric scooters have gained enormous popularity among the people. The reason is quite apparent; they are easy to learn, easy to assemble, and offers extreme mobility.
The best part of electric scooters is that they are available for kids, youths, and grownups.
However, in this article, we’ll specifically talk about the best electric scooter for heavy adults. So if you’re interested in buying one, then stay tuned to know more.
We’ve found people saying that electric scooter users are quite cool and sporty.
Undoubtedly, these people are correct. An electric scooter is an excellent way of exercise for heavy adults and the best alternative to buses and cabs.
When we’re doing research, we came to know that the market has a lot of electric scooters for smaller riders.
However, we’ve found some manufacturers who’ve been designing the best electric scooters for heavy adults. These are heavy-duty scooters capable of carrying 250+ lbs. (90+ kg) weight. So without making any more delay, let’s begin the discussion.
- 1 Top-5 Best Electric Scooters for Heavy Adults:
- 1.1 1) Glion Dolly Foldable Lightweight Adult Electric Scooter:
- 1.2 2) QIEWA Q1Hummer 800Watts 37MPH Electric Scooter:
- 1.3 3) Macwheel MX1 Powerful 350W Electric Scooter:
- 1.4 4.) Hiboy S2 Electric Scooter:
- 1.5 5.) Swagtron Swagger 5 Elite High-Speed Electric Scooter:
- 2 Things To Consider Before Buying an Electric Scooter for Heavy Adults:
- 3 Conclusion:
Top-5 Best Electric Scooters for Heavy Adults:
If you’re looking for a super lightweight, highly portable electric scooter, then Glion Dolly is a perfect choice for you. Gilon has manufactured different electric scooters, but this model especially for heavy adults. Glion Dolly has a 250-watt brushless electric hub motor that provides a maximum top speed of up to 15 mph. The 36-volt LG lithium-ion battery takes around 3.5 hours to get fully charged, which provides an estimated traveling range of about 15 miles per charge. The battery performance is excellent, which will not trouble you for 3-5 years.
- Load Capacity – Glion Dolly comes with an aircraft-grade aluminum frame, coated with powder to avoid corrosion. The frame can support the maximum rider’s weight of up to 255 pounds (115 kilograms). It’s a durable scooter that will last longer.
- LED Lights – In terms of safety features, Glion Dolly includes a front headlight and a rear taillight, which is very bright. One can easily turn on the light with the help of a red button.
- Two-Braking System – This scooter has two braking systems. There’s a twist-grip on the left handle, which is very useful while driving at higher speeds. The other one is a flexible rear bumper, which is operated by your foot.
- 8″ Airless Tires – Glion Dolly uses 8-inch honeycomb airless rubber tires, which means you don’t need to pump them again and again. These tires are military developed, so they’re comfortable to use at rough terrains.
- Highly Portable – The product weighs only 28 pounds that can be easily lifted using a single hand. Moving up and down with this scooter is a stress-free job. Featuring a foot-activated folding mechanism, it takes only a second to get folded and unfolded.
If you were looking for a high-end electric scooter that can hold hefty guys, QIEWA Q1Hummer is the best choice for you. It has an 800-watt powerful, brush less motor that can deliver a top 37 mph speed uses a 48V 26Ah lithium battery that provides an enormous travel range up to 62.2 miles (100 kilo meters). The battery takes 8-12 hours to get recharges from 0% to 100%. This model is quite more than an electric scooter for heavy adults. Let’s find out how?
- Load Capacity – With a total weight of 55 pounds, this QIEWA Q1Hummer is one of the most sturdy and durable electric scooters made for heavy-duty usage. It has a significant weight limit of up to 550 lbs.
- 10″ Pneumatic Tires – Designed with dual 10″ pneumatic tires along with shock absorption and anti-slip features, Q1Hummer provides an excellent riding experience.
- IP65-rated Design – Unlike other electric scooters available in the market, this Q1Hummer has an IP65-rated waterproof design that allows riders to drive the scooter even in the rain. However, it doesn’t mean you can soak the scooter in water.
- Four-position LED lights – For user’s safety, Q1Hummer comes with an ultra-bright headlight, a sidelight, and red-colored taillight. These are useful for spotting the rider in darker roads.
- Convenient Features – Q1Hummer has some cool and stylish features like USB mobile phone charging, anti-theft remote key fob, and many more. These features help provide a smooth and convenient riding experience.
If you’re looking for a stylish, elegant, and powerful electric scooter, then this MX1 by Macwheel will be a perfect pick for you. It has a 350-watt powerful hub motor, which is much better than the 250-watt motor of other models. This motor is capable of providing a maximum top speed of 15.6 miles per hour. The 270-Wh long-range battery has 4 hours of charging time that provides around 18.6 miles of travel range. This scooter is designed with some incredible features, missing in other models of a similar price range.
- Load Capacity – Macwheel MX1 is a sturdy and well-designed model. It can carry the maximum rider’s weight of up to 265 lbs. (120 kilograms).
- Double-braking system – The feature that attracts us the most is the Double-braking system. It means there is disc braking (at the rear) and a front anti-lock braking system. It ensures better and responsive breaking along with the safety of the rider.
- 8.5″ non-pneumatic tires – This scooter has large 8.5″ non-pneumatic tires(airless tires), made with steel wire protection for extra care. These tires require minimal maintenance and eliminate the risk of punctures.
- Three-speed Modes – To have better control over the scooter’s speed, Macwheel MX1 comes with three-speed variations: 5mile/h, 9mile/h, and 15.5mile/h. It helps riders to drive more securely based on the road’s condition.
- LED Lights – From the safety point of view, this scooter comes with a super bright headlight and a red taillight to show your presence. You’ll need to press the button twice to turn on/off the headlight.
Check out: Best hoverboard for kids
Hiboy S2 is a budget-friendly, powerful, and the best electric scooter for commuting available for adults over 250 pounds. The 350-watt motor used in the scooter is a brushless hub motor that allows users to drive the scooter at a maximum speed of up to 18.6 mph. The scooter is powered by a 270Wh lithium battery that provides around 17 miles (may vary) of traveling time after every recharge. It also includes some convenient features, making it a highly qualified product.
- Load Capacity – The overall construction is durable, while the frame is aluminum designed. It can easily carry a maximum load of up to 260 pounds.
- 8.5″ Rubber Tires – The scooter has two 8.5-inch solid tires(at front and rear) along with the dual rear shock absorbers to deliver a smooth and comfortable riding experience.
- Double-braking System – For quick and responsive braking, it uses a dual braking system that includes 110mm disc brakes and eABS regenerative anti-lock braking.
- Convenient Features – Hiboy S2 uses the three-light system that includes a headlight, a taillight, and a sidelight. These LED lights make the riding safe in darker areas. A stylish dashboard screen displays scooter’s speed, remaining battery level, and low/high-speed models.
- Hiboy App – Hiboy S2 users can download the Hiboy App from the store. This app allows them to turn on/off lights, control speed, and cruise, and lock the scooter.
Swagtron is a popular name in the industry known for manufacturing skateboards, electric scooters, and many more. They are primarily known for designing the best electric scooter for heavy adults keeping the factor of the tight budget in mind. Swagtron Swagger 5 Elite uses a small 250-watt motor that provides a whopping top speed of up to 18mph. The 36V lithium-ion battery takes about 3.5 hours to get fully charged and travels between 6 to 12-mph per recharge. However, this mileage depends on speed, the weight of the rider, terrains, and more.
- Load Capacity – This scooter comes with a rugged aluminum frame, allowing riders with a maximum weight of 320 lbs. (145 kg). This tool offers an impressive maximum load capacity for this budget segment.
- LED Handlebar – Swagtron Swagger 5 Elite includes a backlit LED handlebar that displays scooter’s speed, battery level, and other necessary details.
- Swagger 5 App – Riders can use Swagger 5 App available for Android and iOS users. It allows you to access features like GPS service, turn on/off the headlight, activating cruise control, speed measurement, and many more.
- LED Lights – Thanks to the rear reflectors and LED headlight, riders can safely use the scooter in low lighting areas. The lights work well and are bright enough to show your presence.
- Portable Folding Design – Swagger 5 Elite weighs only 27.5 pounds and features a 1-step folding ability for easy storage. It folds down to about 42 x 17 x 19 inches so that you can easily take it to buses and metros.
Things To Consider Before Buying an Electric Scooter for Heavy Adults:
#Design and Portability:
Most of the electric scooters for heavy adults have a similar design pattern, but some models have additional parts that enhance the user’s riding experience. It would be best to make sure that the scooter is strong enough and durable to support you.
One of the critical factors while buying an electric scooter for commuting is portability. If you’re looking to travel along with your electric scooter, then the folding design mechanism is a great option. This mechanism allows riders to fold down their scooters for secure storage quickly. Thankfully, most of the models in our top-list share this feature.
Every buyer looking to buy an electric scooter wants to ride the scooter as fast as possible. But considering the safety of the riders, manufacturers set a maximum speed limit to their scooters. So whether you’re planning to buy a scooter for regular riding or long-distance commuting, high top speed is always recommended.
The average top speed for an electric scooter is 15 miles per hour. Above 15 mph is like icing on the cake, but don’t buy a scooter featuring top speed less than 15 mph. In most of the countries and states, 15 mph is acceptable and legal riding speed.
Since we’ve been discussing on the best electric scooter for heavy adults, the first point to keep in mind is the load capacity. Different electric scooters have different weight limits, so be smart while researching.
Generally, most of the electric scooters designed for adults have 220 pounds of the weight limit. For heavy adults, we recommend you to look for scooters with at least 250 lbs. of load capacity. There are many options available in the market that offer 250+ lbs. of the weight limit. QIEWA Q1Hummer is a clear winner in this race, supporting riders of up to 550 lbs. The more weight your electric scooter can hold, the better it will perform.
#Battery Capacity and Charge Time:
Nowadays, the majority of electric scooters use chargeable lithium-ion batteries. These batteries are known for their high efficiency, fast charging, and improved performance. Batteries with higher ratings provide longer travel time; however, they require more time to get fully charged.
All the models included in our Best electric scooter for heavy adults uses a lithium-ion battery with a minimum travel range of up to 12 miles. On average, these batteries require 4-5 hours to get 100% charged. QIEWA Q1Hummer has the best travel range of 62.2 miles (about 100 km) after every recharge.
It is the most important factor that one should consider before buying a new electric scooter. The motor tells you about the strength of the scooter and its capabilities. The power of the motor is measured in the “Watt” unit. The bigger number means the better scooter. The performance of the motor gives you an idea about the top speed of the scooter. A powerful motor allows you to drive the scooter fastly.
In our list, QIEWA Q1Hummer is the scooter equipped with an 800-watt powerful motor. If you’re strict with your budget, Macwheel MX1 Electric Scooter will do the job for you.
The invention of electric scooters has benefited a large group of people. They’re incredibly popular and for a variety of reasons. High-quality construction, top performance, and an increase in affordability are a few reasons why people are desperately interested in buying an electric scooter.
We’ve discussed the best electric scooter for big guys in detail, but if you’re still facing any trouble, here are our top picks. If you’re looking for a high-end model with an enormous weight limit, QIEWA Q1Hummer is the best option. Its load capacity of 550 lbs is more than enough for heavy to all heavier adults.
On the other hand, if you have a limited budget but can’t compromise with the quality of the electric scooter, then Swagtron Swagger 5 Elite will be a good deal. It includes all the necessary features that are must for an electric scooter.
So that’s all from our end. Hopefully, our Best Electric Scooter for Heavy Adults review has helped you find the right product. Keep Traveling! Keep Supporting!