The moment when electric skateboards found their way to markets, they’re gaining popularity every day. Skateboarding is a pleasing activity, and riding on a skateboard is the coolest thing. There are many electric skateboards available in the market, but we’ll specifically talk about the best cheap electric skateboard.
The industry has taken a significant step forward in terms of rideable technology. Manufacturers are investing a lot of effort, funds, and new technologies to improve the level of commuting gadgets.
Over the past few years, there is constant growth and improvement experienced in electric skateboards.
As the industry is growing, there’s a rise in competition among companies as well. These electric skateboards are trending every day and grabbing everyone’s attention. They are faster, easy to use, and offer more controls than the standard skateboards.
In this article, we’ll discuss the best cheap electric skateboards for budget buyers. So stay tuned.
With an investment of a few bucks, you’ll be all set to enjoy an electric skateboard’s benefits.
Whether you’ve to cruise around your city, go to school/college, or visit any store, an electric cruiser skateboard will always serve you.
So without making any more delay, let’s begin our best cheap electric skateboards 2020 review.
- 1 Top-7 Pick for Best Cheap Electric Skateboard Reviews:
- 1.1 1.)Hiboy S11 Electric Skateboard with Wireless Remote E-Skateboard:
- 1.2 2.) RazorX Cruiser Electric Skateboard:
- 1.3 3.) NPET Pro Skateboard Complete 31 Inch Skating Skateboard:
- 1.4 4.) Swagtron Swagskate A.I. Electric Penny Board:
- 1.5 5.) Swagtron Swagskate NG3 Electric Skateboard:
- 1.6 6.) RazorX Longboard Electric Skateboard:
- 1.7 7.) Hover-1 Switch 2 in 1 Electric Skateboard & Scooter:
- 2 Buying Guide for Best Cheap Electric Skateboard:
- 3 Conclusion:
Top-7 Pick for Best Cheap Electric Skateboard Reviews:
Hiboy is a well-known brand, manufacturing some high-quality cruising tools for enthusiast riders. The most significant selling point of the Hiboy S11 Electric Skateboard is its sleek and lightweight design. It weighs only 7.94 pounds, making it easier for people to carry the board anywhere.
This skateboard will deliver a total range of 6.2 miles on a single charge in terms of mileage. The deck consists of 7 layers of Canadian maple, which is flexible enough to absorb small bumps. Overall, it’s the best budget electric skateboard.
● Weight Capacity – How much weight does this skateboard can bear? Well, Hiboy S11 offers a maximum weight limit of 220 pounds, which is suitable for almost every buyer.
● 350-Watt Motor – Hiboy S11 Electric Skateboard comes with a 350-Watt single hub motor. It provides a maximum top speed of up to 12.4 miles per hour, sufficient for a new rider.
● Four Riding Modes – Depending on your skills and experience, you can choose anyone out of four riding modes. For beginners, the lowest mode will be ideal; and once you’re used to riding, you can try the highest setting.
● Ergonomic Remote Controller – Hiboy S11 comes with a wireless, ergonomically-designed remote control that easily fits your hand’s palm. This feature allows you to control the skateboard comfortably.
● Regenerative Braking – It is a unique feature that recharges the batteries using the force generated by braking motion. So, you can travel a little farther with the help of this feature.
RazorX Cruiser, on the first view, looks like a solid, stable, lightweight, and stylish black-colored toy. It uses a 22V lithium-ion battery that provides around 40 minutes of continuous use.
The battery is UL 2271 certified that ensures the safety of rider and board. There are 80a polyurethane, high-grip wheels, and custom reverse kingpin trucks, providing better stability and performance. The rear-wheel-drive technology is something new in this segment. It doesn’t have any belts, so no alignment issues to deal with.
Overall, an excellent option for buyers
● Weight Capacity – This electric skateboard is an ideal pick for ages nine and older. It supports the maximum rider’s weight up to 220 pounds, so even the parents can enjoy the fun sometimes.
● 125-Watt Motor – RazorX Cruiser comes with a single, 125-Watt rear-wheel-drive motor. It can deliver a top speed of up to 10 mph, a decent pace for new riders.
● Digital Remote Control – It also includes a wireless remote (2.4 GHz frequency) with a wrist strap to control your skateboard. The remote has a handheld design, making it easier to hold.
● Lightweight Deck – RazorX has a 29.7 inches deck, made of high-quality 5-ply maple wood. It’s a lightweight, black-colored deck that provides a responsive and smooth riding experience.
● Size – RazorX Cruiser is one of the most lightweight and easy to carry electric skateboards. It weighs only 10.5 pounds and comes with the dimensions of 29.53 x 4.33 x 8.07 inches.
NPET Pro is another top electric skateboard for budget buyers. The modern and sleek design of the deck makes it suitable for teens and grownups. It uses a standard lithium-ion battery that requires 2 hours of charging time and delivers up to 9 miles of travel range.
This electric skateboard includes all the necessaries like shock-absorbing wheels, non-slip grip tape, and double kick design for user’s safety. Overall, it’s a fantastic option for genuine buyers.
● Weight Capacity – NPET Pro is a sturdy skateboard that offers a maximum load limit of 220 pounds. This is a sufficient figure for almost every type of rider.
● Motor – This electric skateboard has a powerful brushless hub motor, which delivers a maximum top speed of up to 12 miles per hour. It generates a decent amount of power and a responsive ride every time.
● Three Level Speed – NPET Pro offers the 3 level speed settings. We suggest all new riders operate at the lowest setting. Once you’re used to it, you may jump to higher configurations.
● Deck and Grip Tape – The seven layers of Canadian maple construction makes the deck very durable. Moreover, there’s a grip tape attached featuring anti-slip properties for a comfortable and safe ride.
● 85A PU Wheels – NPET Pro Electric Skateboard comes with four 85A wheels made of PU material. They also own shock-absorbing properties, which absorb the impact on the ground and provide a comfortable ride.
We are recommending to check out: Best Hoverboard For Kids
Swagtron is a well-known brand, and we’re sure that you’ve considered it once while doing your research. The SWAGSKATE A.I Penny Board uses a reliable rechargeable battery, which requires only 30 minutes for a complete recharge.
Consequently, it delivers up to 5.6 miles of continuous travel range. This eboard also uses AI systems that adjust the board based on your riding style.
The responsive 23-inch maple deck is pretty durable, while the SenDeck gyroscopic sensors do the job smoothly. Overall, it’s a great option to consider.
● Weight Capacity – Can this portable electric skateboard bear your body weight? Well, Swagtron SWAGSKATE offers a max load of up to 180 pounds. It’s not for big and bulky guys/adults.
● 200-Watt Motor – This amazing electric skateboard uses a 200-Watt regenerative hub motor. So whenever you slow down, the motor converts kinetic energy into electrical energy for the battery’s efficient performance.
● 3D Step Posture Control – Swagtron’s patented technologies are always fun and exciting. This skateboard comes with an advanced 3D Step posture control system, which allows you to navigate by shifting your body weight.
● Companion Mobile App – Both iOS and Android users can download the eBOARD GO App to explore more about SWAGSKATE. You can select speed mode, check the battery status, engage Pedal To Go Mode, and other essentials.
● LED Indicators – The ultra-bright LED lights installed right upfront always notifies you about the remaining battery life. Moreover, it alerts upcoming vehicles on the road by showing your presence.
We’re back again with another Swagtron electric skateboard, but only for kids and teens this time. Swagtron Swagskate NG3 is a budget-friendly (cheapest in our top-list) electric skateboard with a 16.8V, 2Ah lithium-ion battery. It takes about 1.5 hours to get fully charged and provides 4-6 miles of travel range.
The battery is UL-Compliant, which means it has gone through a series of strict system tests.
Moreover, it’s a lightweight tool weighing less than 8 pounds. So your kids don’t have to carry a big toy with them. Overall, it’ll be a great buy for kids and teens.
● Weight Capacity – The board’s total weight is less than 8 pounds; however, it can carry a maximum load of up to 150 pounds. When compared with other boards, it’s quite low but good for kids and teens.
● 100-Watt Motor – Swagtron Swagskate NG3 equips a 100-watt powerful motor, generating a maximum top speed of 9.3 miles per hour. Riders can easily cut and carve with such speed.
● Smart Sensors – This e-skateboard doesn’t require any remote control. The intelligent sensors detect the rider’s weight and motion, automatically turn off the system when you hop off.
● Move-More Technology – As you’re riding, the smart motion sensors bring Swagtron’s Move-More technology into the role. It locks your riding speed up to 9.3 mph, which means you can travel for a longer time with minimal kicks.
● LED System Indicators – Swagtron Swagskate NG3 has an eye-catching LED system installed on the board’s rear side. It lets you know when you’re powered up and ready to go.
We’ve another toy by RazorX shortlisted in our best cheap electric skateboards. RazorX Longboard electric skateboard comes with all the necessary features required for a comfortable ride. It has a 22V lithium-ion rechargeable battery, which provides up to 40 minutes of the continuous ride after a single charge.
In terms of convenience, RazorX comes pre-assembled to use it right out of the box. Also, it is much safer than the other models offering very high top speed. Overall, it’ll be a fair investment by buyers.
● Weight Capacity – RazorX Longboard is for everyone with the age of 9 years or above. It supports a maximum weight capacity of up to 220 pounds, sufficient for different types of riders.
● 125-Watt Motor – This electric skateboard uses a kick-to-start 125-watt geared motor, which delivers a maximum top speed of 10 mph. Now, this speed is very high when you go downhill, so be careful.
● Urethane Wheels – All the 83mm wheels are of urethane formula with a durometer rating of 80a. The wheels perform very well over a concrete surface and other places like parks and college campuses.
● Remote Control – An ergonomically designed, hand-held remote allows you to control the kickstart feature. An acceleration scroller allows you to manipulate the maximum speed and an on/off switch.
● Deck Size – RazorX Longboard comes with a 37.5-inches extended deck, made of high-quality 5-ply bamboo. It has a lightweight design and features perforated grip tape for a stable and comfortable ride.
Hover-1 is a popular name in the e-skateboard industry known for manufacturing top-notch and quality tools. This Hover-1 Switch is a 2-in-1 unit, which offers one board but two ways of riding. You don’t require any special tools for switching between the two riding modes.
This device uses a 25.2V/2Ah lithium-ion battery that can run up to 6 miles on a single recharge. The battery is safely packed in an IPX4 water-resistant casing, so you don’t need to worry. Overall, it’s an excellent choice for buyers.
● Weight Capacity – Hover-1 Switch offers a maximum weight capacity of 132 pounds. It’s quite low when you compare with other electric skateboards, but enough for kids and young guys.
● 90-Watt Motor – This Hover-1 Switch uses a 90-Watt brushless motor to deliver a maximum top speed of up to 7 miles per hour. It’s safe and secure for your kids.
● IPX4 Water Resistance – The battery used in the Hover-1 Switch electric skateboard comes with an IPX4 water-resistant casing. Users don’t have to worry about water going into the battery. It’s a handy feature from the safety point of view.
● Lock and Release – Users can easily switch from electric scooters to electric skateboards without requiring any tool. Its easy-to-use “lock and release” mechanism makes it possible.
● Remote Control – Hover-1 Switch comes with an ergonomically-designed, hand-held remote that controls throttle, brakes, and reverse. If you’re riding with the scooter, you can click the remote directly into the handlebars.
Buying Guide for Best Cheap Electric Skateboard:
A comprehensive buying guide for a best cheap electric skateboard? It might sound a little silly, but you may end up investing in the wrong product.
Furthermore, you may pay ridiculously more while the other model is available at an affordable price.
Keeping the same idea in mind, we’ll introduce all the necessary factors to consider while buying a best cheap electric skateboard.
When we talk about best budget electric skateboards, it’s not about speed and mileage all the time. There are several other facts that you must be aware of. So, let’s find out.
You can’t deny the fact that a motor is the heart of any power tool. However, you need to understand some terminologies here: “hub,” “brushed,” and “brushless” motors. Hub motors are a common choice for best electric skateboards as they are far better than the belt-drive motors.
An e-skateboard with brushed motor is ideal for off-road and rough surfaces. They’re also cheaper than the others. Whereas, a brushless motor is slightly expensive for both the manufacturers and buyers; however, they require minimal maintenance.
Some electric skateboards use either a single or dual electric motor—different electric skateboards with a wide range of power, varying between 90-350 Watt. However, motors with up to 1000-watt of power are available, but not for cheap electric skateboards.
Speed is a crucial factor when you’re buying a motorized skateboard. Usually, a cheap electric skateboard offers less top speed than other high-end models. Thereby, we recommend these models to kids, teens, and new riders.
All the e-skateboards mentioned in our top-list offer top speed between 7 mph and 12.4 mph, which is suitable skateboard for beginners and juniors. So whatever you buy, make sure you learn the ability to control the board’s speed. It’s better for your safety and health.
Battery and Mileage:
Every buyer wants an best electric skateboard that provides top-class mileage and higher speed. To achieve this, you need to look for a high-quality battery equipped in your e-skateboard. Nowadays, most electric devices use lithium-ion batteries, which is far better than the lead-acid battery.
The voltage rating of a battery decides the board’s torque and travel range. Generally, it’s a typical 22V lithium-ion battery that provides a travel range of around 5-10 miles. When you talk about affordable and budgetary electric skateboards, they’re good for casual commuting and joy rides.
Almost every electric skateboard comes with remote control for controlling speed and braking. Now, users need to hold the remote web they’re riding, so comfort is the priority. We recommend our buyers look for an ergonomically-designed remote control that comfortably fits their hand.
The controls are quite similar to video game remotes with a joystick and few buttons—however, some models like Swagtron Swagskate A.I. Electric Penny Board has mobile apps instead of remote control. Some users are happy with this feature, while some are not. If you’re using a remote control, make sure it’s fully charged before riding.
Again, you should keep in mind one of the essential factors while buying a cheap skateboard (electric or traditional). We’ll share a fact now, most of the high-quality use of multiple layers of premium wood. Therefore, make sure that the board you’re buying is not single-layered. It could be anywhere between 5-10 layers.
Mostly, the standard type of wood used in budget electric skateboards is maple. It’s quite durable, flexible, and lightweight. Some models have a built-in carrying handle on the deck, which makes them easy to move.
Obviously, an best electric skateboard will be more significant (by weight) than the traditional boards.
Now, examine your skateboard routine.
Do you continuously ride your skateboard, or travel on public transport by carrying the board?
Simply, if you’ve to carry your board, make sure it is lightweight and portable.
Generally, the ideal weight of a skateboard would lie between 6 pounds to 10 pounds.
However, if you’re a muscular person, you may go with skateboards weighing 11 or 12 pounds. But, don’t make a mistake by buying a very big skateboard.
Electric skateboard is fantastic technology development. A large number of people switch their way from traditional skateboards to electric skateboards. There are numerous cheap electric skateboards available in the market, but we’re here to find the best cheap electric skateboard model available in the market.
Finding the right and cheap electric skateboard will allow you to experience fun and excitement. If you still have any doubts, let’s throw them away in comment box.
After researching for around 70 hours, Hiboy S11 Electric Skateboard wins the battle. The 350-watt single hub electric motor is the secret success for this device. It’s a great skateboard for everyone.
Next, we’ve RazorX Cruiser Electric Skateboard in our top-pick. It comes with a lightweight design, yet offers an impressive weight limit of 220 lbs. Moreover, it’s from a reputable brand called “RazorX.”
If you’re looking to buy a motorized skateboard for your kids, then Swagtron Swagskate NG3 Electric Skateboard is the best choice. Its unique and cool design will impress your kids; moreover, it’s safe for them.
That’s all from our end. It’s time to end our discussion on the best cheap electric skateboard. If you enjoyed our review and buying guide, then please share the article as much as you can.
Keep Riding! Keep Supporting!
You may be interested in: